Green Bay Gamblers Postgame Notes – March 6 at Resch Center
Game 47, Home Game 22
(Resch Center – Green Bay, WI)
Lincoln: 22-20-3-2 (Away: 12-8-3-1); 49 pts
Green Bay: 24-18-2-3 (Home: 10-11-0-2); 53 pts
Eastern Conference Standings:
- Chicago: (40-7-1-0); 81 pts
- Dubuque: (32-13-1-0); 65 pts
- Green Bay: (24-18-2-3); 53 pts
- Team USA: (25-19-1-1); 52 pts
- Muskegon: (21-22-5-0); 47 pts
- Youngstown: (19-22-6-2); 46 pts
- Cedar Rapids: (19-22-4-1); 43 pts
- Madison: (10-34-3-1); 24 pts
- Green Bay kick-started the game with a goal 9 minutes into the first period from Ryan O’Reilly. This would be the lone goal in the first period. The first period would also see the Gamblers have 10 shots on goal to Lincoln’s 8.
The Gamblers would continue to play well in the second period with Jake Schmaltz and Tyler Paquette both scoring early into the period. About 10 minutes after their goals Trevor Smith would score his first goal of the season to increase the lead to 4-0. However, before the period was over Lincoln would score twice to make the scoreline read 4-2.
The third period saw the Stars come within one of tying the game. Both teams would jostle for possession for the rest of the game. With time running down Nicholas Zabaneh would seal the win for the Gamblers and then Ryan Greene would add another before time expired.
- Alex Servagno assisted his 12th goal of the season.
- Jake Schmaltz scored his 13th goal of the season.
- Mason Lohrei scored his 8th goal of the season. Was also his first career game-winning goal.
- Tyler Paquette scored his 10th goal of the season which is a career-high. He also assisted his 12th goal of the season.
- Ryan O’Reilly scored his 17th goal of the season.
- Nicholas Grabko earned his 12th win on the season.
- Trevor Smith scored his first career goal tonight and also assisted his second goal on the year.
- Brady Ziemer assisted his 6th goal of the year.
- Jarrett Lee assisted his 17th goal on the year, his third straight game with an assist.
- Nicholas Zabaneh scored his 13th goal on the year which is a career-high.
- Camden Thiesing assisted his 16th goal of the year.
- Ryan Greene scored his 3rd goal on the year.
Gamblers Upcoming Games
Sat., March 7 vs Lincoln Stars – 7:05pm